I did actually manage to see daylight some of the time this week (isn't this an interesting sky? I'd like to be able to paint fabric like that:). Today it was snowy sky - we got about two or three inches of slushy, heavy snowfall this afternoon. It caused my meeting to be cancelled this morning ... and maybe the one scheduled for tomorrow morning (depends on how the school system decides to deal with opening times tomorrow morning).
I am still spending way too much time in bed .. mostly sleeping but sometimes just keeping warm and listening to audio books. I did manage to assemble the goods for my daughter's scarf project. Here are the 'traditional' Dr. Who colors:
Here are the yarns I finally decided to buy - not a perfect match by any means, but I'm happy with the mix.
Pretty hard to tell the difference between the two browns (third from the left and last one on the right) - one is quite warm (like milk chocolate) and the other rather cool (like the tree bark color card). The second yarn from the right is actually beige - odd what the camera and screen do to colors. :P
I have been working on my Millefiori project while sitting at computer yesterday and today. I like the palette of fabrics I got (have no pic of all of them) - in a sort of 'candy dot' array. Here is my center (made from a Kaffe Fasset style print of waterlilies):
That black and white dotted background is my lap desktop. :) I think b&w might look good in the motif somewhere. Here is the second round of pieces (assembly still in progress in this photo):
I'm working on the first half of the third round now. I'm pretty excited with what I've done so far ... but I've been glue basting and have run out of gluestick. Gotta buy more tomorrow. :) My fingers are getting pretty sore, too, as I'm hand stitching these together and I don't usually wear a thimble. I have to find the little metal dot thimble I use when I _do_ use some protection - my fingers are pretty poked up. :)
Otherwise, I've made a tiny bit of progress on my Mom's estate - I signed a contract today to accept the bid of the developer who offered less than we asked. No other offers, though, and the property is doing us no good. As Skip pointed out - the local business community knows how much the court will allow me to sell for (no less than 80% of the appraised value) ... and has no reason to bid any higher. I will know in a few days when the closing date will be (sometime between now and the end of February) - will have to plan a trip to Ohio for the closing/signing, etc. Have other things that need doing there, too (like starting to sort through my Mom's personal effects and going through the storage unit) ... not looking forward to it, but it has to be done.
I talked to Eva - she went back to work yesterday, after two months of maternity leave. Was hard for her (her incision has not completely healed from the cesearian) but she managed ok. I got to see Baby O (FaceTime:) - he weighs 9 pounds now and his elbows and knees are round, no more sagging skin without any body fat. :) He's starting to smile back, too. I want to go see them again already. :)