Life has been ultra-busy this past few days! I was away last weekend at the QuiltAway in PA ... then on Tuesday and Wednesday this week my FiberLectic group had Laura Cater-Woods here to teach (well, facilitate -- it was a guided studio, essentially).
I want to share what I began to work on while she was here. I had a burning idea in my mind to do a stack and slice technique with a leaf shape. I decided that it is time to use some of the stash of fabrics I have painted, dyed, rusted, etc. for myself. I also decided that I need to incorporate some of the hand embroidery and hand beading I love to do so much into my quilting.
Here are two of the six leaf blocks I started -- these have been embroidered and some beading. The black background is a wonderful boiled/felted wool ... and the fabrics include five different painted silks and one painted cotton I've made myself.
The threads I used for the embroidery are hand-dyed Valdani perle cottons ... and the beads (lovely purple irridescent cubes) were Laura's. ;)
I had an appointment with the dress maker this afternoon -- she had the bodice pattern muslin and it fitted very nicely. I'm starting to get excited about this dress --- haven't put this much attention into clothing for myself for _years_. :)